4.28.2011

Magazine: Layouts Round I

After choosing our one direction from the previous step we were asked to create the remainder of the spreads using the rule set we developed in our openers. Previously I had thrown out the idea of the angled text, but kept the angled graphic elements and images due to the feedback I had received. I chose to do an iteration with the angled text because I felt that the non-angled text created too many tension points with the angled elements.

After my critique with Marty we decided that I should move forwards with the angled text using a flush left align, but I would really have to work to get the rag as straight as possible. My spreads in this round had a lot of large awkward white areas that I need to resolve possibly using imagery and working with my text boxes.

 Regular Text:



Angled Text:

No comments:

Post a Comment