4.28.2011

Magazine: Layouts Round II

In this round I continued to refine my spreads. I took Marty's suggestion to make my title more organic to break the strong white diagonal in my first spread and added more imagery throughout the layout. At one point in my process I realized I had a small paragraph of text left that would sit on a page by itself along with my last tattoo information graphic that requires a large amount of space. When I tried to put the two elements on a spread together the relationship was very uncomfortable so I decided to introduce the gate fold. However, I was trying to think about how it conceptually added to my layout and while I was reading my article over, I noticed one line about how Maori mokos are unique to the individual so I decided to use the gate fold as a big reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment