4.09.2013

Gala & Fashion Show

These past couple of weeks it seems we've been learning a lot about all the moving parts it takes to put together a production. Jessie and I had the opportunity to observe the fabrication for the Nelson-Atkins Museum's Gala and the Fashion for a Cause event this weekend. It's really exciting to see these projects in context. It's quite magical.

One thing both projects utilized that was new to me were production companies. With the ADDYs I don't think I noticed them as much. Maybe it was the extremely loud beeping of the cherry pickers that caught my attention this time around. There was a collaborating with/art directing production teams to create the right effect such as making sure projection tiles lined up, determining where to point lights so that it doesn't interfere with the projection range, and etc.

Nelson-Atkins Museum Gala



Fashion for a Cause

No comments:

Post a Comment