3.06.2013

DP: Week 6

This week I've been focusing on flushing out my wireframes and doing some motion tests/research.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wireframes
Scenario One

Scenario Two


 Scenario Three

Scenario Four



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Formal Experiment
One visual directions of the main Petree space I've been wanting to explore are objects pushing into the z-axis. I needed to figure out the best way to go about representing this space and if I'd be able to pull it off before I go any further. The first thing that came to mind was to build it in Cinema 4D, but After Effects also has the ability to extrude and light shapes. Below are some shots of this exploration.

Cinema 4D

While I love the way these guys look, I have to be real. I know i've been wanting to find a reason to use c4d, but it may not be appropriate right now. I need to also consider my workflow. I don't know my machine will be able to handle the rendering especially if and when we hit crunch time. I think I'll be able to do what I need to do in after effects. It was nice to play around while it lasted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After Effects

While searching the inter–webs I found some examples on videohive that gets across the type of motion I want to accomplish. Below I've attached some of the ones I'm interested in. Videohive is a nice way to learn how professionals do motion and the price for the source file isn't too bad. It's usually around the $5–$12 range.



Shapes
Motionpack Shapes 1
Motionpack Shapes 2
Shaping
Floating Cubes


No comments:

Post a Comment