2.19.2013

The ADDYs

A visualization of how much we've learned

These past couple of weeks Jessie and I were given the challenge of developing the presentation for the ADDYs. I'm not ever sure where to start, but I can say with definite certainty that we learned a whole lot from the experience. For this challenge to be only our second project, I still can't believe how much they involved us in the process. It really only dawned on me when we were backstage waiting for our cue to hit the next slide, fingers hovering nervously above the arrow button on the keyboard.

Maybe it's just the novelty of it all, but I think it's still one of those monumental moments you never forget so I just wanted to take some time to write about it.

Overall, there were a lot of firsts. This is the first time I've ever been a part of a production with a lot of different types of people that required continuous interactions. Our main responsibility was to organize and typeset the contents of this massive spreadsheet into a digestible keynote. We also took part in multiple rehearsals with vocal talents, and various members of the AAF-KC board to make sure everything aligned with the script. It was very much a team effort to make sure every detail of the presentation was correct.

It was such an honor to have, Jeremy Johnson, the director of the AAF-KC Art & Copy Club acknowledge our efforts in the production that evening on stage. For that I'll always be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment