5.10.2011

Magazine: Final Deliverable

Throughout the course of the semester in Visual Communication 2, I have been researching and working with the Polynesian culture. Initially what attracted me to these way-finders were their use of geometric and curvilinear designs in both their tattoos and carved artifacts. Because we were given the opportunity to choose our own article, I chose to further explore the meaning and significance behind these markings through the development of my magazine process. So I focused on taking cues from the article and culture to inform my formal decisions. For instance, I chose an angled grid system to immediately reference the geometry and movement of their design. I also altered the form of the title to further reference the process of tattooing.

No comments:

Post a Comment