3.01.2011

New Directions

This phase of the project was really about refinement, reaching for cohesion, legibility, craft, and communication. I corrected a lot of the issue of inconsistent space breaks and widths brought up in the previous critique, but there are still a lot of bigger issues that still need to be resolved. During this process I felt like these icons weren't in the place they needed to be and could be pushed more. I had talked to Jamie about starting over, but it wasn't the best solution since the project is due tomorrow so I tried figure out what was working and not working in what I already had and make a plan from there.


For my new direction I focused on making my icons less symmetrical and perfect. I enlarged the fragmentation for more contrast to create a bold quality which I felt was suitable for the culture. The larger fragmentation also allowed for the icons to translate well at different scales.



No comments:

Post a Comment