2.20.2011

Icon Style Sets

In the previous step of the project we narrowed down our 7 icon stylistic approaches to about 2-3. We were then asked to take those approaches and translate the remaining artifacts for the icon set. What I found most challenging about this step was learning how to take ownership over an image. I found myself getting caught up in trying to preserve the image and letting the image dictate my decisions. So what I attempted to do to break this habit was to work subtractively. I would draw the artifact on tracing paper then re-trace that drawing on another sheet of tracing paper which I had to either remove or tweak the artifact in some way. I'm not sure if I'm still playing it safe, but I was also afraid I would take away too much information for legibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment