10.15.2010

T1: Monogram Iteration Rounds II

The monogram in red below is my chosen symbol to further explore. For my three concepts I focused on radiation/radioactivity, mutation, and breakage. I feel that my radiation and breakage compositions are the stronger formally and in relation to the element itself. My biggest issue with mutation is that it doesn't represent the element as well as my other two concepts. The concept worked best for the letters to be curved so I used a combination of upper and lowercase or all lowercase while I was creating the symbols. However, while curves worked best for the concept, it moved away from relating to the element. The angular forms of the radiation and breakage forms are more emotionless than the curves of the mutation iterations, which makes them more successful.












No comments:

Post a Comment