10.08.2012

VA: Week 8 Reading


Cradle to Cradle

It's interesting and eye opening to look at the history of where we've come from in regards to environmental matters. Being presented with these types of readings really force me to think about my own practice, but also design as a whole and consider what type of impact am I having on our environment.


Sustainable Business
The summer before my junior year at KCAI I had the opportunity to work at IKEA. Just from my smallish experience with them I strongly believe they are SO concerned about their environmental footprint as Catherine Gray mentions. When you become an IKEA employee you have to go through certain training programs, which are surprisingly quite engaging, and they explain their corporate philosophy and how they go about developing their product. I'm done with my IKEA rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment