11.03.2010

T1: Leading

For this part of the assignment we experimented with various type sizes and leading. I wasn't exactly sure what I needed to watch out for when I made these, but after critique everything made more sense. Because each typeface is different, the relationship between the point size and leading will vary, but it takes a careful eye to see when it's just right. Like any beginner I make mistakes, but my mistakes help me to understand when and why things are and aren't working. For instance, if you use a small font size don't make your leading too big because the negative space becomes more apparent than the positive space.




Final Leading: Trade Gothic LT Std, Regular, 10/14
I chose this particular typeface and weight because it has a nonchalant feel and contrasted nicely with the boldness of my monogram.

No comments:

Post a Comment